Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Steak Sandwiches

The last time I was in Maine I accumulated so much material for this blog...and then got caught up in this whole getting a doctorate thing and had to set aside my food writing. Well, I'm sitting in Maine once again, so I figure I'd better catch up a bit on the Maine food blogging before venturing out into the great city of Portland to devour more delicious food and beverages. 

One of the highlights of my last trip was enjoying steak sandwiches for dinner made by the lovely Susan. I don't know what it is about her kitchen, but there's magic in the air. It's the perfect place to cook, eat, and talk, and somehow photographs of food are always stunning when taken there. One night she prepared these simple yet superb steak sandwiches. They were made with ciabatta, melted cheese, fresh greens, roasted red peppers, dijon, and very rare steak. 

These sandwiches were truly a treat, and the photographs below will hopefully excite your taste buds and motivate you to make them yourself. Bon appetit!
























No comments:

Post a Comment